Top distribution tips for your flyer printing campaign23 June 2017
We’ve seen how effective flyers can be as a marketing tool. Leaving aside the content – which is of course crucial – a key factor in determining just how effective flyers will turn out to be is their distribution. Before beginning any new flyer campaign you should be asking yourself the following questions:
- who is the target audience?
- do you know how to reach them?
- do you know what they like?
- what is your specific goal?
- will your flyers be time-sensitive?
- what has worked or not worked before?
Answers to all of these questions will help you to plan the perfect flyer distribution strategy – beginning with working out how many to print. You don’t want to waste money on leaflets that never get delivered, particularly if they are in fact time sensitive.
Top Flyer Distribution Tips
Think about the size
Your flyers can be virtually any size that you want, but A5 is usually a good bet. Small enough to be easily distributed (and not too heavy if someone is delivering them) but large enough to contain your message.
Can you partner with a publication?
If so this takes care of both the distribution method and the target audience
Can you partner with a business?
Perhaps your flyers can be displayed at the point of sale or in carrier bags?
Sponsor an event
This might bump up the costs a little bit, but can be a very effective way of getting your flyers directly to the people you’re targeting
Think about timing
Should it be a phased delivery? If based around an event, consider the most advantageous pre- and post- event timings, and remember to factor in holidays, seasons and so on
Deliver door to door or hand to hand.
- Either way, make sure that your deliverer is smart and courteous (closing gates etc.) especially if you are delivering hand to hand. Remember, they are representing your company and this delivery could very well be the receivers first impression of you.
- Which of the two methods you choose will depend on who you’re targeting. To get to everybody door to door is clearly sensible, but if you’re advertising a coffee shop in the centre of town why not deliver hand to hand to people in the vicinity – perhaps with an incentive.
- If you are distributing hand to hand it’s a great way of engaging with potential clients, as your people can talk to the people they hand the flyers to.
- Be aware of the 2005 Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act – you need a permit to distribute leaflets in most major cities in the UK
Why not have a chat with us about how we can help you?
Here at Instaprint
We have been supplying a large and ever-growing range of high quality print products since the 1970’s. We supply business stationery, promotional products, printed NCR, signs, display boards, canvas prints, booklets, leaflets, flyers, labels, stickers, banners, posters, calendars – you name it we probably do it. And if we haven’t before we’ll see if we can help you out.
To make life even easier for you, you can select from one of our many templates, upload your own artwork, or even ask our own brilliant in-house design team to create your artwork for you.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our products, our excellent customer service, and the value for money that we provide
To find out more about our leaflet options, try the following link
As always we’ll be delighted to help and advise you.